Lately I have been spending fewer hours in the kitchen and more time at the gym doing Kung Fu and Tai Chi training. This has meant that of an evening when I return home, I need something quick and nutritious to replenish my energy stores. This was my creation last night. Just be warned, I like food very spicy, so adjust amount of chillies according to your fire tolerance!
Spicy Garlicky Prawns
- 250g-300g prawns
- 3 chillies, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tin organic diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in frypan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, chilli and paprika and cook for 3 minutes
- Add prawns and cook for 3 minutes until pinkish and no longer transparent
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes.
I served my prawns on a bed of sautéed greens. I sliced 1 zucchini and 2 more chillies, then sautéed in coconut oil until starting to soften. I then added in some broccoli that I had steamed earlier in the day to eat with my eggs for breakfast, and tossed in some shredded kale.