Summer is here down under, and we are expecting a scorching season!
I was shocked to see what types of nasty ingredients were in an innocent looking ice block, including colours, preservatives, and other unpronounceables, so I decided to experiment with DIY ice pops. These are so easy and yummy, you won’t want to buy any pre-made ice blocks again. Oh and Charlie loves these!
Mango Ice Pops
- 1 mango
- 1 whole young coconut
- Cut open the coconut and pour the water into a blender.
- Scoop out the flesh of the young coconut and add to the blender.
- Chop up the mango and add to the blender.
- Blend for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and freeze until set.
Enjoy! I had some leftover blended coconut and mango, so I poured into glass jars and served as smoothies. I also froze some left-over liquid into ice cube trays, and used in other smoothie combinations.
Feel free to mix up the ingredients. For the first batch I made, I used coconut water only and added sliced strawberries and kiwi fruit.
I’d love to hear if you’ve made these, and what flavour combinations you’ve tried! If you are interested in more free recipes, head over to my website and check out the ‘recipes’ tab.